It’s the policy of “Emarat” to take the foremost account towards the health and safety of all persons and to protect the environment in compliance with “Emarat” Code of Practice and the Federal, Local and International laws as well as the industry best practices.
This policy is based on our firm conviction that Health, Safety and Environment objectives are as important as the rest of other business objectives.
- On Health:
- Promote and protect, the health of the Company employees, contractors and of the community.
- On Safety:
- Minimize risks and hazards resulting from the company activities on (Employees, contractors and the community).
- “Emarat” will take the necessary precautions to minimize company loss of assets by implementing Process Safety Management to control process hazards and prevent process-related incidents and injuries.
- On Environment:
- Protect the environment and minimize the negative impact of company activities by reducing emissions, wastes and discharges.
We give priority to many environmental hazards and take conscious measures to prevent the same. Our core concerns are as follows:
Dealing With Oil Wastes and Fuel Gases
Oil leaks are our major concern as these arise directly from the corporate’s field of industry. To prevent the same, we’ve taken the following measures:
- Collect used oils from oil change centers in various Emarat service stations and transfer them to underground tanks, to prevent leakage.
- Treat waste water and dispose of waste oils, filters and other material through specialized and licensed companies.
- Safely dispose of petroleum products used at the service stations.
- Apply vapor recovery systems from fuel transportation tanks when being filled at loading stations and when being emptied at service stations.